Tuesday, December 2, 2014

La boda jamón

The Circuit- Portland, Oregon

It's been two months since Nick asked me to be his forever lady. I'm so stoked to marry such a wild character. Nick is definitely the stuff dreams are made of- I could get lost in his eyes and his beard and his delicious Nick Ham breakfasts. Mhmmmm...

I'm going to write about wedding planning for a little while. It wasn't something I grew up dreaming about and planning, so I feel excited at all these new little discoveries and the experience as a whole. Ah I already lied. I'm actually pretty intimidated by it, and I've asked my friend Trevor to just take my colors and my budget and make it work. 

Then, on Sunday, I bought my dress and my heart swelled with joy! I had tears in my eyes when I typed in my credit card number and got the confirmation email (what a beautiful moment with my iPad, huh?). Nick laughed from my living room because I was all ooey gooey over the fact that the dress itself comes from an environmentally responsible company that produces sustainable fashion by recycling old or excess fabric. That was important to me. It was important to me not to have to think too hard about the dress; I bought it because it was exactly what I'd been imagining. Oh, and it was on SALE. We're simple folk, folks. 

SO! This will be a simple wedding. This will be a happy wedding. A fun wedding. I hope our love is the centerpiece, and that we can celebrate this day with all our good friends and family. Look for more posts or follow me on the Insta-waves for every day nonsense and photos of my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment