Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lion Hunting


I know I've written about goals, and that Nick and I had made a list together about things we wanted to accomplish in the next couple years. Well...one of those dreams came true two weeks ago. We picked up our little girl, Zuri the Rhodesian Ridgeback. 

I knew I wasn't going to make it much longer not having a dog- there was a big space in my life. And Nick has been absolutely committed to getting a Ridgeback. So we pinched our pennies and brought this little fine dime home. Ridgebacks were originally bred to hunt lions in South Africa, and they're a combinations of a lot of different breeds. She's already trying to keep BearCat in line (even though he literally doesn't do anything at all). 

We got her because we knew this would be the perfect companion for running and hiking, which we do a lot. We also really missed our community of people at the dog park and I'm super excited for her to finally finish her shots, attend her first puppy obedience class, and hit the park and meet all her new friends. 

Growing up, my parents never let my brother and I have a dog. That's okay, I'm making up for it now and I'm learning so much. First, that life with a dog is crazy and it's better than life without one. Second, dogs will always love you and they will never judge you. That's something I think everyone needs in their life more. And third, how to be kind and understanding. Not that I'm a mean person, but teaching them takes time and being gentle and patience is key. Having a dog makes me a better person. 




No comments:

Post a Comment