Friday, September 21, 2012

what ships are made for.

The Moroccan border

This is perhaps the most productive week I've ever lived. Everything is officially in my apartment, along with my new roommates. I have been awake at 5:30am every day, and not going to sleep until midnight (that's not healthy, I know). We've had our first massive dinner, overflowing the place with people and the noise that comes along with them. The fundraiser at the radio station ended, and I put in 30+ hours in the last 3 days. This year, I'll be working three jobs (the radio station, the student association ministry assistant, and President of the Amnesty International club)- doing triple duty and overtime along with a full load. Plus, I'm so new at everything. Like a baby. That's what I am.

WHAT A RUSH!

You'd think I'd be losing it, but it all feels alright. A familiar funky anxiety came over me this week. But it wasn't the death-grip on my heart that anxiety usually feels like. It was the kind of excitement that came over me before I left for Spain a couple years ago- 

The feeling of stepping out into the blatant unknown and being ready for a whole lot of learning, loneliness, fear, happiness, joy, growth, and adventure. Here's a quote that could sum all this up pretty well: "A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are made for."

No comments:

Post a Comment