Wednesday, September 26, 2012

accounting is hard.


I drove home today so I could sit in my own kitchen and work on my accounting homework, which I have to take for my last-minute Business Minor & which is also about as fun as hitting your head repeatedly against a brick wall. My parents have been cleaning out our garage and finding all kinds of good stuff- like old journals, pictures and letters from their college days. And while flipping through her poetry journal (how beautiful is she! A poetry journal!) from years gone past, my mom found these appropriate lines:

Never ask of money spent
Where the spender thinks it went
Nobody was ever meant
To remember or invent
What he did with every cent.

-The Hardship of Accounting
 by Robert Frost

The time capsule in our living room

Mom standing on the top of the wall around the girl's dorm at WWU
Baby Bernie!


No comments:

Post a Comment