Tuesday, October 23, 2012

be still.

It's early and I'm sitting at my desk at work. Everything is really quiet- the space heater is humming by my feet. Outside, it's frigid. There's lots of apple slices and peanut butter and coffee within my reach. And I'm feeling calm- like everything is under control. But not my control. Exodus 14:14 says, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." In reality, there's still a lot of things on my to-do list, and I've been scrambling hard and staying up too late, waking up too early (ooooh that sounds like a Jack Johnson song!) trying to fit everything in. Trying to get it under control! It perpetually feels like the last leg of a long race, where my lungs are deflating quick with the finish line always just out of my reach & there's an army of insecurities, activities, obligations, fears, and dreams chasing me down. But Jesus says to be still. Stop in the middle of the road and let those things come at you, don't be afraid; He's fighting.
So I'm just gonna sit here. Real quiet. And let Him do what He can, while I do what I can.


1 comment:

  1. "there's an army of insecurities, activities, obligations, fears, and dreams chasing me down" I love that.

    ReplyDelete